Tuesday, May 13, 2014

So this is Goodbye

In Case of Emergency
One of the Views of Maine

A Friend from Baltimore

Today is the day I leave. It's been a weird couple of days, full of goodbyes. Everyone has different amounts of time before I will see them. For the lucky ones (or unlucky, depending on how you look at it) I say "see you in a couple of weeks," for the unlucky ones, I say "see you in a year." I've said goodbye to everything I've known, and am now swan diving into the unknown. I'm excited, but I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't a little nervous. Packing for Europe is strange, in that you have to pack as if you're going camping, without convenience stores or clothing shops, as medicine has different dosages in different countries, and clothes are super expensive. Rather than play around with how many European aspirin equate to American aspirin, it's best to bring and then take what you know in case of emergency.

I will be on the road from tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon until Thursday evening, and will be bouncing through four major cities on my way to Butrint. I'll be back on to give you all my opinion on foreign travel as soon as is possible. They say that travel like this changes people, but they said the same thing about the jump from high school to college. I don't know many who would say I've changed drastically, but that's kind of because I'm comfortable with who I am. Still, I'm open to the unknown and magic that is Europe.

My phone is done until August, so until I find a method of texting that works in Europe, you can reach me by facebook messaging me, or by email at tinmantom@gmail.com. Be well, keep your stick on the ice, and I'll see you when I see you.

1 comment: