Friday, August 8, 2014

The Last Week of the Summer Internship

Hey everybody,

So sorry for not posting the past couple of days. I fly home on Tuesday so the past two nights have been dedicated to celebrating with friends. On Wednesday, I went to the beach with my landlord and several of his friends that I've become friends with during my time here. On Thursday, I went out with friends after work and had aperitivo, which is where you pay for a drink and then have an all you can eat buffet, which suited me just fine. Both of those were late nights, so I wasn't really prepared to write a blog post. Also, I've been touring through the museums when I have a chance, because I think it would be ridiculous to have worked there all summer and not know every piece of work. I'm including some of my favorites from my visit. Finally, on Thursday I joined the Notre Dame Men's bball team for a tour of the barracks of the Swiss guard. Remember that guy I met at a bar in the middle of the night when I was looking for a church? No? Well go back and read my entire blog, I have a whole post dedicated to that night. Anyhow that connection paid off big time, so I have photos of the barracks and armory and other cool stuff. Here's some photos, but first, a big shout out to Carina Suarez, who got the name of the movie that I quoted in my last post. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go back and read my last post, and while you're at it, watch the movie I quoted, Hercules. Aside from Disney leaving out the whole bit of the story where Hercules gets really drunk, kills his wife and children and then has to perform his 12 labors (all referenced in the movie, if you know where to look) the movie is really entertaining. Anyhow, pictures.

Sunset at the beach on Wednesday
But mom, what do you mean I can't drink out of the toilet?
Not supposed to take photos, so I did so discreetly, in a manner where I didn't see what I was taking. Worked out alright
Garden of Eden by Peter Wenzel in the Pinacoteca (painting gallery) of the museums
I'm ready to be home, have been like that for a week or two. Couple more days and that will be a reality! I have some options for this weekend and I'm spending tonight figuring things out, so I'll let you know what I decide! Love to you all

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're doing some tourist-type things these last few days. Love the photos, especially the staircase view. Looking forward to your homecoming and more stories about your summer adventure.

    ReplyDelete