Monday, August 11, 2014

Time to, say Goodbye

Yesterday I went exploring the Northeast part of Rome. The guidebooks don't direct you there, and you won't find many recommendations on the web to go this region, but one of the other interns is staying in this area for the summer and claims that it's worth seeing, so I went against all suggestions and went to investigate. I,  of course, found some hidden gems in this mostly residential area:

House joyful, inhabitants joyful
Basically there's one square
And in this one square are four houses
And the owners of these houses
Seemed to decide they could care less about standard architecture
Four houses and a fountain, I lied
And they decided to buck the trend
And using their money/power
Design there houses however they saw fit
Regardless of the architecture around them
And a chandelier. 4 houses, a fountain and a chandelier
Down the road lived two peacocks. And they said there was nothing to see in the Northeast part of Rome
Behind the obelisk, is Mussolini's house. He used to live in this area with his cronies
 Today I had my last day of work. I said my goodbyes to the museums and the other workers, came home to pack, went out to dinner with one of the other interns who also leaves tomorrow and now am writing a blog post. Everything is more or less packed, and the train schedule looks to be in my favor tomorrow (four trains, any of which would get me to the airport on time) so things should hopefully go smoothly. I'm concerned about the weight limit of my checked luggage, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Wish me luck, and if I have enough energy I'll post when I stop in London and then again when I'm at the hotel in Boston with mom. Keep me in your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. May God go with you. Looking forward to our reunion tomorrow night.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. kudos to you Tom for your willingness to leave the beaten path. You're really becoming acquainted with everything that Rome has to offer. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete