Thursday, July 24, 2014

still here

Surprise! I'm posting today. As happy as I am to be writing for my readers, it's only because of unfortunate circumstances. See, I was supposed to be flying to berlin , leaving at 6:25. I'm in line to board the plane, and they cancel the flight. So now I'm stuck in Rome till my flight tomorrow morning. People got really ugly when all 180 were trying to speak to the two desk clerks. You can get angry all you want, but that won't make the plane fly. The people at the desk, as incompeyent as they may be, are at the mercy of the same system as the customera. Lufthansa hasn't been helpful either. They canceled the flight due to weather. There's no weather between here and russia that could put a plane at risk, so thay doesn'tcount as a viable excuse. They didn't move man power to help the 180 of us reach our destinations, and my checked bag is currently MIA. They're putting me up in a hotel, so if I can get in the pool and or a devent meal, I can chalk this up to bad luck. Not impressed or happy but thus is life. I'll keep you all posted.

Update- made it to the hotel after going to the wrong one, got ripped off by taxi guy, hated Lufthansa. Arrived at hotel, received free room, free food and ate with other travelers from Italy, Australia,Sweden, and Singapore, with free wine with dinner. Lufthansa is forgiven, as long as the flights go smoothly tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I do not think you will find Berlin looking like it did when I was there in 1976 and it was still a divided city. It gave Jeanette and me a real appreciation of what the Communist control of Berlin and East Germany was really like. I hope you like the visit, but it will be of a very modern city now. It was a real experience to go through Checkpoint Charlie into East Berlin.

    Are VHS tapes in high demand over there? We have a box or two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sorry about your flight! Hopefully the rest of the journey goes smoothly. Viel Spass in Berlin!

    ReplyDelete