Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The New Notre Dame Center

So Notre Dame just finished a new ND center in Rome that is opening this summer. Since Monday, a Classics convention has been held there, which I attended on Monday and Wednesday. We organized it (by we, I mean ND) but there have been participants from Yale, Stanford, NYU, Texas, ND, and one of the local Rome colleges. It's been cool to connect with a lot of Classics people, especially ones that are closer to my age, even if I haven't agreed with all the theses raised by the speakers. I thought I might share some of the photos of the brand new center. Let's just say, when Notre Dame goes about building/restoring/branding something they don't do it half way. Take a look at the photos below.




Cafeteria












The Notre Dame crew, two professors, four graduate students and three undergrads, chillin in Rome with the Colosseum in the background.





Reminded me of my University. Turns out I'm going to miss that place a lot more than I thought. However, I'm so pumped for the Centro and then a thrilling return to ND in the Spring.

1 comment:

  1. I love the chapel and the view of the Coliseum. Thanks for sharing the photos. Someday you may return to share your thesis.

    Dad.

    ReplyDelete