Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Slow Day at Work

Mi piace/ voglio comprare pizza con acciughi. Andare. Italian phrase of the day, meaning I would like to buy pizza with anchiovies, to go. This is a somewhat easy expression but one that's important for any shopping experience. I used that for dinner tonight and it worked pretty well. The girl behind the counter corrected my pronunciation, but that comes with the territory.

I spent the day at the priests' residence. My boss, Fr. Mark is a member of the Legionaries of Christ, so he had some of interns come to the Legionaries house and help him with his forthcoming book. Nice place, good food and everyone was really friendly, but it's not my cup of tea. We did get to celebrate a Latin mass, which I really enjoyed and had my essentials peanut butter for an afternoon snack (that's Hannaford brand!!!), and the priests were pretty cool to talk to, so not a bad way to spend a day. We have tomorrow off for the Body and Blood of Christ (perks of being a Catholic organization on feast days), but we might try to go to the Papal mass, so that will take some of the day. I hopefully to have a picture with the Pope for you all tomorrow, since I haven't had many photos in the last couple photos, but I'm not making any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment