Sunday, June 15, 2014

Saturday in Rome

Rome at Midnight on Friday the 13th, full moon over St. Peter's

Entrance to Capitoline Museum

Marcus Aurelius on a horse

Depiction of wolf who fostered Romulus and Remus

View of Rome from Capitoline

Not sure I like this depiction of Jesus

Copy of David and the line to see him

Killing it
Forum from back of the Capitoline


Car getting ready to transport the bride and groom from the church

Random protest band

5 minute walk from Vatican

5 minute walk from Vatican

I spent yesterday touring the Roman area around the Capitoline. Had a lot of fun, saw a lot of art, an overall fun day. I ended the night with dinner in the Jewish quarter (had seafood, wasn't anything to write home about) and then met up with a friend from ND, and we went to a bar to watch England vs Italy with authentic Italians. I got up this morning (more like 11) and decided to go exploring. The last three photos are from a back side of the city, where they have just finished a bike path. The path runs from the park near my house to the outskirts of the Vatican district and kind of acts as a divider between residential and commercial Rome. I'm currently stuck inside waiting for the rain to stop, so I can go out and find food. I'm doing an 11 pm English mass tonight, which is about a mile from my house, on the other side of the park. I could do an earlier Italian mass, but I haven't had an English mass since I left the states, and it would be great to be participating with the rest of the congregation, instead of them speaking one language and me speaking another. We'll see what new adventures are in store for me in the upcoming days! Happy Father's day to all the Dads!

No comments:

Post a Comment