Friday, June 13, 2014

Plans for Weekends

Pretty quiet day today here in Rome. This post is going to be open ended, as I need some feedback on my summer. I'm going to be in Rome a lot this Fall, and through the Centro (name of the program I am participating in, here's a link for more info) I will be able to visit some of the greatest monuments and museums Rome has to offer. We take week long trips to Campania and Sicily, as well as an excursion to Ostia, but other than that we stay mostly in the city. With that in mind, I'm aiming to travel in Italy and see some of the things I won't get to see this Fall. I'm hoping to travel as long as my parents, money, and health permit it, but in order to begin planning I need some suggestions. Here are my thoughts so far:

Weekends:
June 14th-15th=In Rome due to Rain
June 21st-22nd=Assisi
June 28th-29th=In Rome, friends are visiting from ND
July 4th-5th=Pompeii to visit friend doing excavations
July 11th-12th=Rome
July 19th-20th=Ravenna or Meet Austin in Milan/Northern Italy
July 25th-26th=Ravenna or meet Austin in Milan/Northern Italy
August 2nd-3rd= Bologna/Florence
August 9th-10th= In Rome for Last weekend

What are your thoughts or opinions on these? I haven't asked any of my friends whether these weekends work for them (or my parents! love you guys!), so this is just a very preliminary sketch, but I thought I might get opinions on places "you have to visit" while spending time in Italy. Everyone of these dates is flexible except the June 14th-15th, the June 28th-29th, and August 9th and 10th. Shoot me an email (tinmantom@gmail.com) or drop me a comment of your thoughts and opinions about my plans.

Thanks and happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Pisa before it falls - but this is a two hour stop if you go to Florence.
    Venice before it sinks. Need to stay overnight to get an appreciation.

    Will speak with the Dulci's to get their views.

    You may want to see if there is a student rail pass so that you don't have to purchase individual tickets.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete